Liposuction for Men Minneapolis
It comes as no surprise to Dr. James Hoffman that more and more men are asking for cosmetic procedures in recent years. Particularly, liposuction in St. Paul, Minneapolis has become one of the more popular procedures that men in this area are undergoing and Dr. Hoffman owes this to the fact that men are now beginning to realize the benefits of having a body that looks younger and sculpted to become more refined.
Why should men consider getting liposuction?
Men are motivated by success in their lives, and being in a society that now relies heavily on correlating physical appearances to social affluence, liposuction has practically cemented itself as an important tool to ensure that men are always at their physical best. Nowadays, men have also embraced this choice to become physically fit and sculpted using cosmetic techniques like liposuction that remove stubborn fat from the body.
Liposuction of the Abdomen and Flanks
The liposuction patient is a 34-year-old male from Minneapolis – St. Paul who is an avid weightlifter, and who exercises regularly. He is bothered by the accumulation of fat in what he calls his “love handles.”
Despite vigorous diet and exercise, the fat accumulated in these areas has persisted. He underwent liposuction of his waistline and flanks. He is very happy with his results and now feels his hard work in the gym “shows.”
What are the benefits of liposuction for men?
Liposuction is a great option for men who lead a healthy lifestyle with the proper diet and exercise but still have areas in their body where stubborn fat still seems to accumulate. Liposuction in this case can lead to:
- Improved self-confidence and self-esteem
- A more proportionate body shape
- Significantly reduced body fat
What should be expected from the procedure?
- Tumescent liposuction or “wet” liposuction involves the injection of a fluid mixture of saline, local anesthetic, and epinephrine into the trouble area to reduce bleeding, swelling, and bruising after the procedure and to make it easier for the fat deposits to be removed by loosening them prior to suction. A small incision will be made in the skin and the cannula will be inserted to suction out fatty tissues from the indicated area.
- Ultrasound assisted liposuction or “dry” liposuction similarly involves the use of a cannula to suction out excess fat from trouble areas, however, does away with the saline – anesthetic solution used in tumescent liposuction. Ultrasound waves are used instead to loosen the fat and make them easier to remove.
What can men expect during the recovery period?
Immediately after the procedure, the treated areas will be wrapped firmly in bandages or with compression garments for about four weeks to reduce swelling, bruising, and bleeding. Drainage tubes will be used at the treated areas for several days and the patient may be put on an antibiotic regimen to reduce the risk of infection. Patients will be able to move after the procedure, but will be discouraged from strenuous physical activities that could lead to complications.
For more information on Liposuction for Men in Minneapolis – St. Paul, contact Dr. Hoffman today to schedule your personal consultation.