Tummy Tuck MinneapolisFor many patients in St. Paul, Minneapolis who are seeking to get a more svelt figure, but get disappointed because no amount of dieting or exercise can seem to get rid of that last pound, or tighten the last bulge, a tummy tuck procedure is often recommended by Dr. James Hoffman. A tummy tuck (also known as an abdominoplasty) is a procedure that involves the removal of excess skin and fat around the abdominal area to create a firmer and a more toned abdominal profile. This type of procedure is ideal for individuals that have a protruding or sagging abdomen that may have been caused by aging, pregnancy, dramatic weight loss, or even heredity.
Who are good candidates for a tummy tuck?Dr. Hoffman tells his patients in St. Paul, Minneapolis that getting a tummy tuck is a good option when they are physically healthy and without weight fluctuations that could affect the overall outcome of the procedure. It is also helpful that the patients do not smoke to help with the healing process, and that they set realistic expectations regarding the procedure afterwards.
* Individual results may vary.
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of James A. Hoffman, M.D.
You are an incredible surgeon
Dear Dr. Hoffman and Staff I just wanted to say “thank you” for the amazing care and treatment that you and your staff gave me during my preop and postop visits. The transformation of my body is nothing but positive. Never in my life has anyone ever used the word tiny to describe my body. I just wanted to cry when I heard that. But it also brought a great big smile to my face. Knowing, at that moment, that I made the best decision of my life, to have the surgery. I am getting married this year and because of the transformation of my body, I had to return my wedding dress and get a smaller size. I went from a size 10 to a size 6 in my waist and hips. It was such an incredible feeling when I tried on a smaller sized dress. I would highly recommend you to anyone who asks me who they should go to for a tummy tuck and liposuction. You are an incredible surgeon with a wonderful staff. Thank you Dr. Hoffman, Nica and Rissy. Sincerely,Kris J
What happens during a tummy tuck procedure?
- The first step of a tummy tuck procedure is usually the administration of general anesthesia to minimize discomfort during the surgery.
- A horizontal incision will be made along the pubic hairline. The length and shape of this incision will be predetermined by the extent of correction that is needed by the patient.
- Excess fat, skin and other tissues will be removed and trimmed. The weakened abdominal muscles will also be sutured and repaired during this time.
- The remaining skin will be re-draped across the abdomen and incisions will be sutured using clips, tapes, or skin adhesives to minimize scarring