Rhinoplasty MinneapolisOne of the most common procedures performed by Dr. Hoffman in St. Paul -Minneapolis is a rhinoplasty or nose job. A rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that can help patients achieve the following:
- Change the size of the nose to help achieve a balance or proportion with other parts of the face
- Can make changes to the size of the nose bridge
- Can improve a patient’s nose profile by the removal of bumps and any indentations
- Can change the angle of the nose to make it proportional to the upper lip
- Can alter the orientation of the nasal tip
- Can correct any deviations and achieve proper nasal symmetry
- Can correct structural abnormalities that impair breathing
- Can help restore the normal structure and appearance of the nose after an injury or accident
- Can help improve the general appearance of the nose for patient’s satisfaction
* Individual results may vary.
View before-and-after pictures of real patients of James A. Hoffman, M.D.
What is involved in a rhinoplasty procedure?A rhinoplasty is performed under general anesthesia in our office in St. Paul, Minneapolis. The procedure starts with making an incision inside the nose cavity. The incision can also be made across the patient’s columella, the strip of tissue that separates the nostrils to make the incision lines less visible. The tissues will be raised to expose the underlying bone and cartilage of the nose. Changes will then be made to the nose structure to achieve the desired results. A rhinoplasty procedure requires the reshaping of the nose. This might involve the reduction or trimming of the nasal bone or the removal of cartilage to create and ideal shape. Conversely, a nose can be reshaped by the introduction of tissue to help the nose achieve a natural and symmetrical shape. In some cases, a nose will need to be broken and reset in order to straighten the structure. When done properly, a rhinoplasty can also improve the ability of patients to breath easier. Once Dr. James A. Hoffman achieves the perfect contour, the incisions will be closed and will be lined along the creases of the nose to make it inconspicuous. A splint will be positioned outside the patient’s nose to help support the new contour and nasal packing will be applied to provide additional support for the new shape.
The experience was smooth and the outcome is fantastic
I am 2 years post my rhinoplasty and I still say a thank you to Dr. Hoffman every single morning when I look in the mirror. I was told he was a gifted surgeon and they were spot on. The experience was smooth and the outcome fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about his skills and how he helped make my nose fit my face. Love it! Thank you Dr. Hoffman!!Rhinoplasty Patient